I honestly don’t know how some people can skip breakfast! I just cannot function throughout the day without my morning fix! Overnight oats is a healthy, delicious way to start your day and is packed full of goodness! My favourite toppings are fresh berries and grated coconut, but you can top it with whatever you like. The combinations are endless! It’s also fantastic because it is created the night before, meaning the only thing you need to focus on is turning the coffee machine on. Below is the way I like mine, but you can experiment with what works best with your taste buds!
- 1 cup of oats (I use gluten free but any oats will do)
- 2 table spoons of chia seeds
- 1 tea spoon of flax seeds
- A generous sprinkle of pumpkin or mixed seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cacao powder
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ½ chopped banana
- Your choice of toppings; coconut yogurt (or yogurt of your choice), berries, coconut slices, syrup.
- In a cereal bowl mix the oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, cacao powder and mixed seeds.
- Add the chopped banana.
- Add the almond milk and mix again so you have no clumps of powder. You want the milk to cover the mixture as it will expand overnight so add more milk or water if needed.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Take out of the fridge in the morning and add your toppings!